No updates yet
- A 7-hectare basin for irrigation and drinking water
- Network of organisations familiar with Trisoplast and its ap
- Mexican partner able to market, produce and install Trisopla
- Marketing/action plan for the further application of Trisopl
- Local stakeholders have necessary knowledge to apply this pr
• To set up a cooperative Mexican-Dutch venture for the local production, installation, marketing and sales of Trisoplast for applications in Mexico.
• To find suitable local suppliers of sand and bentonite, the raw materials for producing Trisoplast.
• To strengthen the Mexican authorities in terms of water management.
Details of project plan
This project demonstrates an innovative method for sealing water basins. The test basin will capture rainwater during the rainy season for use in irrigation and as drinking water for cattle. Local suppliers of sand and bentonite, which are required to produce Trisoplast, will be sought. The local partner will be trained to produce and install Trisoplast, and also in marketing and sales, so that it can represent Trisoplast in Mexico.
A seminar will be organised to introduce Trisoplast and its environmentally friendly application to relevant ecompanies and authorities. Local stakeholders, especially authorities, will receive training in water management.
Improvement of water storage and institutional strengthening of environmental and water policy in Mexico.
Spin off and market impact
This project is expected to lead to a substantial growth in exports of Trisoplast. It will also have a positive impact on the sales and rental of mobile Dutch mixing equipment, which is required to produce Trisoplast.
Various Dutch partners will also experience a positive spin off in terms of advice on water management and environmental impact assessments.