Posted on 24 March 2016
Royal Boskalis Westminster has been awarded a land reclamation contract by KSO Ciputra Yasmin to construct five artificial islands for a new waterfront off the coast of the city Makassar, Indonesia.
The contract value is approximately 80 million euro.
Deployment of mega hopper
Approximately 75 hectares of land will be reclaimed using 9 million cubic meters of sand sourced from offshore borrow areas. The islands will be protected by rock revetments.
Work is scheduled to commence in the coming months and will last two years. Boskalis will deploy a mega trailing suction hopper dredger for the reclamation activities.
The construction of the five islands marks the first phase of a prestigious development by KSO Ciputra to provide high-quality waterfront land for both residential and commercial use.
This land reclamation project is driven by the necessity to create land to accommodate population growth in a densely populated region.
This news item was originally published on the website of Royal Boskalis.
Read also on this website
● Boskalis consortium preferred bidder for dredging seabed Fehmarnbelt tunnel, Denmark, 4 March 2016
● Boskalis' global fleet will quicker convert to drop-in marine biofuels, 7 October 2015
● New Suez Canal project finished with record-breaking dredge production, 6 August 2015
● Boskalis to construct second artificial residential island in Panama, 16 March 2015
● Boskalis and Van Oord to construct artificial island off the coast of Jakarta, Indonesia, 29 January 2015
● Country: Indonesia
Royal Boskalis Westminister
Papendrecht, the Netherlands
+31 78 696 9000