Posted on 25 October 2018
A historic church at Maarup, Denmark was endangered by the erosion of the nearby coast. The coastal erosion came to a stop and the beach widened due to the installation of Ecobeach drainage system. The Ecobeach drainage system was removed in 2006 which resulted in the restart of the coastal erosion. Meanwhile the church has unfortunately vanished into the sea.
- Realisation: Skagen Innovation Center
- Location: Northwest coast of Denmark
- Start of the project: 1999
- Duration of the test: 7 years
- Length of the project area: Locally, in close vicinity of the church