Past, present and future of groundwater management seminar
On World Water Day, IHE Delft and NICC foundation with partners Acacia, Deltares, IAH Netherlands and IGRAC are organising a seminar on the past, present and future of groundwater management. Presentations will be followed by a Q and A and at the end the opportunity is given for a more general discussion.
A timeline covering the recent history of groundwater resources management and governance has been developed by Stichting NICC and will be presented.
IGRAC as international Groundwater Assessment Center will explain the importance of the Groundwater Theme in 2022 and at World Water Day.
Deltares as an independent institute for applied research in the field of water and subsurface will present how groundwater is key to a resilient and sustainable future in the Netherlands.
IHE Delft Institute for Water Education will present the latest innovation using remote sensing in groundwater management. IHE Delft is leading worldwide in the development of tools using Remote Sensing for Water Accounting and Water Productivity.
Acacia is working with over 30 groundwater experts on safeguarding groundwater resources for future generations. Acacia will give a brief on two cases of ground water management using innovative tools.
Finally, students of IHE Delft will pitch real life cases of their home countries.
- 3.30 – 3.40 Opening: Niels Hartog, IAH Netherlands
- 3.40 – 3.50 The importance of the Groundwater theme 2022: Elisabeth Lictevout, IGRAC
- 3.50 – 4.05 Historical overview of groundwater developments: Albert Tuinhof, Stichting NICC
- 4.05 – 4.20 Groundwater in the Netherlands: key to a resilient and sustainable future: Gu Oude Essink, Deltares
- 4.20 – 4.35 Innovations by using Remote Sensing in the managing groundwater resources: Marloes Mul, IHE
- 4.35 – 4.50 Boots on the ground: User cases of managing groundwater resources: Simon van Meijeren, Acacia
- 4.50 – 5.00 Pitches on groundwater in their home countries of IHE students
- 5.00 – 5.25 Discussion NICC
- 5.25 – 5.30 Closure NICC
Signing up for the livestream is not necessary! The link for the livestream is: https://un-ihe.presentations2go.eu/P2G/cataloguepage.aspx?type=live. On the day itself, the event will be visible on this page and you can click on it to follow the livestream.