Van Oord awarded several contracts in Caspian Sea
Dredging company Van Oord executes several contracts in the Caspian Sea region with a total value of more than 500 million US dollar.
During the visit of Dutch Prime Minister Mark Rutte to Kazakhstan on 2 December 2015 Van Oord announced the award of several contracts in the Caspian Sea.From left to right: Head of the business delegation Ineke Dezentjé Hamming-Bluemink, Dutch Prime Minister Mark Rutte, Prime Minister Karim Massimov of Kazakhstan and Paul Verheul COO Van Oord.
Dredging access channel
The first project comprises the dredging of a 68-kilometre-long access channel to a new cargo offloading facility to be operated by TenizService. Four cutter suction dredgers are removing a total of some 17 million cubic metres of soil in shallow water.
The project will enable the expansion of the Prorva port to help facilitate the growth of Kazakhstan’s oil and gas industry.
Installation of pipelines
In the second project Van Oord is performing the preparatory work for the installation of two pipelines in the same region. This project involves excavating and backfilling two 8 km long trenches.
Furthermore, Van Oord is dredging an access channel and the seabed will be levelled.
Van Oord is proud to be playing a significant role in helping expand Kazakhstan’s economic growth opportunities. "With these projects Van Oord contributes to the further economic development of the Caspian Sea region", says Paul Verheul, COO and member of the executive board.
This news item was originally published on the website of Van Oord.
Read also on this website
● Van Oord's largest hopper dredger started off dredging artificial island Pluit City, Jakarta, Indonesia, 30 October 2015
● Van Oord contracted for extension container terminal Kaohsiung port, Taiwan, 13 August 2015
● New Suez Canal project finished with record-breaking dredge production, 6 August 2015
● Nakheel appoints Van Oord for coastal work at Deira Islands, Dubai, 1 July 2015
● Boskalis-Van Oord consortium acquires Suez Canal expansion contract, 18 October 2014
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
+31 88 826 00 00